You’re a Buyer – Why work with a Realtor?
In today’s real estate market, information is critical to making the right decision. Buyers have significant resources to tap into throughout the process of looking for a home, get away cottage, and or commercial property. Friends/family, and website resources can provide significant information, however, often they also cause overload. Land consulting Services agents can make the process more efficient and more enjoyable, by providing the following:
- Local expertise – Over 30 years of live/work in the Northern Michigan market
- Understanding property value – market fluctuations and associated impact. Years of working in the real estate business provide expertise
- Relationship built upon trust and respect with your needs at the center of our focus
- Property objectivity – Realtors are trained to see the reality/potential of a property
- Individualized approach – Simplifying your search by asking questions and more importantly, listening to understand and address, your needs
- Speed – Leveraging Realtor community, technology, and relationships
- Negotiating support – development of offer through closing the deal
- Vendor list – long relationship with local vendors that are proven, reliable and trustworthy
“All real estate is local” – National trends don’t mean as much here in our Northern Michigan small towns. We are blessed to a have significant assets at our door, with water surrounding us in all directions, and gorgeous property down every road. Having a local Realtor and an office at the center of town will provide you with the expertise to find your piece of the “Pure Michigan” experience.
Things to think about when buying a home
- Pre-qualification – Speak to your Realtor and get recommendations as to who to speak with regarding your pre-qualification. Your bank may be your best source but shopping around in your target area will provide you with confidence as to your purchase amount and type of financing. Your lender will also be able to share details on how to navigate the transaction to reduce stress and delays.
- Paper-work readiness: You will need an extensive list for your lender appointment including:
- Full month of pay-checks
- Two year’s federal tax returns
- Two months bank statements
- Detail on where your down-payment will be sourced (10-20% of total cost)
- Manage your credit readiness:
- Minimize credit inquiries, examples include:
- Increasing credit card limits
- Shopping for a large purchase, car, boat, etc..
- Applying for or cancelling of a credit card.
- Minimize career moves – your lender will need to verify your employment, maintaining employment status throughout the process.
- Respond with pace – your lender will be responsive to your requests and the faster you get them what is needed for the transaction.
- Local Realtor expertise and market knowledge can help you navigate the complexities of potential transaction pit-falls such as appraisal issues, home inspections, and contingencies.
At Land Consulting Services we represent people, and the properties they love